Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Fourteenth Birthday Interview With Lefty





Out of our three boys, Lefty --pictured above at left :)-- is the one who is most likely to be leading the pack in every outdoor adventure. His planning skills are beyond my own sometimes! Whether it's a woodland walk or an afternoon of football (soccer) training, he has a wonderful gift for leading with grace and a genuine care for others. I am so thankful to be his mother and grateful for his presence in our family.

What is the adventure you would most like to have?  I’d like to be in a Sherlock Holmes mystery adventure, like in The Hound of the Baskervilles story.


What would you like to do when you’re a grown-up? I’d like to be a detective or a football manager.


What's that going to be like?  Exciting.


What's your favourite supper?  Homemade chicken and vegetable pie with sweet potato mash and green salad.


What's your favourite cake or pudding?  Homemade chocolate cream pie.


What's your favourite book[s]?  The Cats of Seroster, King Solomon’s Mines, and Arthur Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes stories.


Who do you like hanging out with?  the Costellos, Joel, Layton, my family, people at the coffee house. I like hanging out with lots of people and being in a group, working like a team. Sometimes I enjoy just being by myself. 


What do you enjoy doing with me?  Talking with you and helping you with cooking or cleaning.


What do you enjoy doing with Dad?  Working with him at the house, having conversations with him about chess, football and other things.


What do you enjoy doing with Coo?  Whatever she wants to do.


What do you enjoy doing with Righty? Playing chess and football [soccer]. Arguing with him about everything.


What do you enjoy doing with Mr J?  Playing football [soccer] with him.


What's your favourite thing to do on your own? Playing with my football  [soccer] trading cards.


What's your favourite family day out together?  In England, I enjoyed it when we went to National Trust houses, looking at the old houses and having hot drinks in the tea room afterwards. Here, I like going camping together, and sticking it out in spite of the rain!


What makes you happy?  Food. Playing football.


What makes you sad?  When I have headaches. Sometimes when I miss England.


What do you enjoy learning about the most?  Right now I’m really enjoying our science studies and experiments.


If you could choose any time in history to live in, when would that be?  The 1930s and 1940s, pre and during World War II, because I’d like to have been a spy then.


Is there anyone famous that you'd like to meet?  the Queen.


If there were any imaginary/pretend things you could choose to do, what would it be?  I’d like to be a hobbit, eating hobbit food and doing general hobbit things like going to the Green Dragon Inn and being outdoors.



You can read Lefty's twelfth birthday interview here.  Somehow we missed out on doing his thirteenth birthday interview last year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't hesitate to comment if this post has provoked your thoughts! I enjoy reading what you have to say.